- Infosys, Bangalore : An employee applied for leave as follows:
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.
- This is from Oracle Bangalore: From an employee who was performing the mundan ceremony of his 10 year old son:
as I want to shave my son’s head, please leave me for two days..
- Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding:
as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave..
- From H.A.L. Administration Dept:
As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.
- Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
Since I’ve to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave
- An incident of a leave letter:
I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday.
- A leave letter to the headmaster:
As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today
- Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.
- Covering note:
I am enclosed herewith…
- Another one:
with reference to the above, please refer to my below…
- Actual letter written for application of leave:
My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave.
- Letter writing:
I am well here and hope you are also in the same well.
- A candidate’s job application:
This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘ Typist and an Accountant – Male or Female’… As I am both (!! ) for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.